My name is Lacey. Apparently that is extremely confusing for strangers because I have been called many things by many people, but rarely do they call me Lacey. This blog will explore who I am now - according to strangers.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Today my name is Lisa



Today I will be Lisa del Giocondo - also known as Lisa Gherardini or Lisa di Antonio Maria Gherardini. But most importantly, the one that everyone should be familiar with - also known as Mona Lisa.

You know, her


The Mona Lisa (the painting, not the woman) was a portrait of Mona Lisa (the woman, not the painting) commissioned by her husband. It wasn't until well after her death that the painting became famous.

I'm going to ignore the part where she married an old man and had six children. It's so incredible to think that the things that we do now, the things that we don't see as being extraordinary, can make such a huge difference later. (I'm realistic, I know this isn't likely, but it does happen). "The things you do now matter. The things you don't do matter." -Dead Like Me

No comments:

Post a Comment